Sunday 27 May 2012

The Witches - Design and Make


These are a few images from my design and make project last term. I designed for the Roald Dahl book "The Witches" my designs were quite conceptual and fantastical.(dont have pictures of designs today) I decided to make my design for the Grand High witch. and here I have a few images of my process. 





 Toile (without arms) I had difficulty creating the structure on the hips


 With an arm, my model had shoulders at different heights so this garment was made to fit her perfectly

 First fitting in top fabric was a nightmare getting the dress to be fitted where I wanted it to be and getting the structure to stay!
 I was working with velvet all over (for the first time) some puckering darts here. 

 Another fitting with the feathered neckline. Here I was working out whether the spikes were level with her and in her heels. They were made out of plasterzote and covered in velvet. I originally imagined them to be backed onto a stiff fabric - this didn't work neither did boning or putting wire in them. So i turned to plasterzote for the first time!
This is me with my dress wearing another students dress (im wearing a fat suit) we decided we looked like aunt sponge and aunt spiker!
Not too practical....

But looks effective ...?

No comments:

Post a Comment